Vaginal bleeding and a minor discharge are a typical part of your menstrual cycle, before you reach your menopausal age. But if you notice anything different or out of the ordinary, consult your ObGyn Corpus Christi Dr. E. Stanton Shoemaker before you try to treat the problem on your own.
Symptoms can be the result of a mild infection, which is easily treated. However, if it is not treated quickly and properly, it can lead to more serious conditions, such as infertility or kidney damage. Vaginal symptoms may also be an indication of a more serious condition, from cancers of the organs in a woman’s reproductive tract to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
Gynecological symptoms may be similar to other medical conditions or urological problems, so you should always consult your ObGyn Corpus Christi for a comprehensive examination and diagnosis.
Consult Dr. Shoemaker if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Bleeding that occurs between your menstrual periods;
- Urgent need to urinate more often than normal;
- Burning and pain during urination;
- Unusual vaginal bleeding, especially if it occurs during or after sexual intercourse;
- Pressure/pain in your pelvic area that feels different than your normal menstrual cramps;
- Itching, redness, swelling, burning or soreness in or near the vagina;
- Lumps or sores in the vaginal area;
- Vaginal discharge which has an unpleasant odor or is an abnormal color;
- More vaginal discharge than is normal for you;
- Discomfort/pain during sexual intercourse.
Identifying symptoms early and seeing your ObGyn Corpus Christi will increase the likelihood of a successful diagnosis and treatment.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of a gynecologic condition and are in need of a reputable and personable ObGyn Corpus Christi TX residents rely on the professional and caring staff at Innovations in Women’s Health under the direction of gynecologic surgeon Dr. E. Stanton Shoemaker at his offices in Corpus Christi TX, Beeville TX and Kingsville TX.
Don’t wait – call us today at 361-929-7088 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Why Choose Gynecologist Kingsville Texas?
Dr. E. Stanton Shoemaker, MD is an experienced Obstetrician and Gynecologist based in Corpus Christi TX, Beeville TX and Kingsville TX, providing extensive services in obstetrics, gynecology and laparoscopic surgery including da Vinci robotic surgery, incontinence treatment, prolapse treatment, prolapsed colon treatment, prolapsed uterus treatment, urinary incontinence surgery. Returning patients confidently choose Dr. Shoemaker again for their obstetrics and gynaecology needs, as they have experienced and value his service, style of care and reassuring nature. Dr. Shoemaker understands the desire of every patient to have complete confidence in their doctor – someone caring and understanding, and highly experienced in the latest research and techniques.